Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Travelodge Las Vegas Hotel (next to Circus Circus)

I had booked Bally's hotel for my 2 night stay and since we had to stay another night at Vegas on Friday, coming back from LA, I booked Travelodge hotel (next to circus circus) which had reasonable charge for a Friday night stay ($80/night w/ tax) unlike other hotels which were super expensive.  I had seen some reviews online and based on that decided on this hotel since there weren't that many options for me and plus we just needed the place to stay the night since the next morning we were going to head out earlier.  Anyways, with that here goes my review!

Room & Lobby:
We pulled into the parking lot of the Travelodge hotel and the lobby is right there at the entrance (we missed it actually and went inside a bit before finding out that it was right at the entrance).  We walked to the lobby...or should I say lobby "slash" breakfast area.  It was very small and I can see it get crowded instantly if 4 or more people came to check in at the same time.  The check in was quick and I requested for a room on the main floor which ended up being a room at the very back of the hotel, but that's ok since we had a car and weren't going to walk to that room anyways!!

We got to the room and there was a big surprise!! The size of the room was much much smaller than what we had expected and also smaller from what I had seen in the pictures of the hotel.  This was basically 1/3rd size of the Bally's room and not suitable for 4 people.  There was hardly any room to walk around and 4 of us kept running into each other while trying to get around bed or while going to the bathroom.  My mom was a bit disappointed seeing the room, and honestly, I was disappointed too!  After staying at Bally's spacious room, who would want to stay here!!  Well, I managed to convince myself and my parents that we are just staying here for one night and leaving early next morning, so we can adjust for a short time..(I guess).  We checked the bedsheets and both the beds had some stains on the sheets so we called the front desk and they sent someone out right away.  Also the table lamp bulb wasn't working so that was fixed too.  Apart from this, the bathroom was very small as well and the stand-up shower wasn't that spacious either :(.  The bathroom window wasn't closing properly and since we were on the first floor, I wasn't comfortable leaving it that way, so we called the front desk again and got it closed properly and told the maintenance guy to just lock it completely since we didn't want it open.

Maintenance & Customer Service:
Their staff was friendly and customer service was quick.  Our check-in and check-out was quick as well.  We needed to have our bed sheets changed along with the lamp bulb, so the maintenance lady came pretty fast within 5-10 minutes.  No complaints there.

Breakfast:
Travelodge does provide a morning complimentary breakfast but it doesn't have much to offer.  It had bagels, bread, grape jelly, cream cheese, hot water, tea bags, muffins (I think), and I can't really remember anything else.

Personally, I don't think I would want to stay here again.  There are 2 reasons for it: 1) This hotel is kind of away from the middle of the strip which makes it hard to get to some of the hotels and 2) it wasn't that great stay that I would just come back and stay here.  I would rather pay little more and go somewhere else.  Well, that's my 2 cents!

No comments: