Monday, October 15, 2012

Las Vegas & California Trip - DisneyLand

DisneyLand
 After a fun filled day at the Universal Studios, this was going to be another adventurous day at the Disneyland!!  Unlike Universal, disneyland was at least 1 hour drive (that is without traffic).  We kind of made an estimate based on the previous day and thought it would be ok to leave home around 8:15 am but it wasn't very helpful.  Once we got on the Hwy 101, it was chaos!! The scene was completely different from the day before when we had gone to Universal Studios on the same highway.  The traffic was out of control and I kind of assumed that we are not getting to Disney anytime soon.  The 1 hour drive ended up being 2 hour drive :(.  We reached the toy story parking lot around 10:15 am.  The park had already opened at 10 am, and when we pulled into the park, it was hard to find the parking spot which indicated a crowded day indeed!!  The toy story parking lot has buses coming and going which makes the line moving at a steady speed.  We got to the park in less than 5 minutes and while my brother headed to buy the park tickets, I went to rent the electric scooter.  Even though we were half an hour late since the park opened, we were lucky to get the electric scooter with no problem.  In fact, there were at least 10-12 electric scooters parked and available for rent even after the park had been opened for half an hour.  The good thing about Disneyland is that the scooter rental is outside the park and not inside, so you can rent it even without having Disney tickets.  Anyways, without further delay, we went inside Disney to start the day at Disneyland...yay!

Jungle Cruise boat-ride
I wanted to first go to Indiana Jones Ride, but it turns out that the ride has been closed long ago, many months ago.  So, the next stop was Jungle Cruise ride, but apparently that ride was closed until noon so we had to come back after noon.  Anywaaaays....we move on to the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride.  Thankfully, this ride was fully functional and open to public...phew!!!  This is a boat ride and Disney has re-created the atmosphere and environment similar to Pirates of the Caribbean movie.  It's a nice ride.Next we head to the Haunted Mansion.  Note, this is not scary ride at all!! In fact, it's very creative how they have done it and you will enjoy it.  It was already noon after finishing these 2 rides, so we went back to Jungle Cruise where they had opened up the ride.  This is a fun river-boat ride where you will encounter several animals....pretty interesting.

It's a small world
After covering the rides in Adventure land and New Orleans Square, we headed to Frontier land to check out the Big thunder mountain railroad.  This is a train ride...it's fast and it has some drops (not that deep) that will make your tummy tickle :).  I think my parents liked it but they wouldn't want to go on it again.  It was already past noon and we were hungry, so sat down to have nice lunch and relax a bit.  After the lunch, my brother went to get fast passes for Space mountain while my parents and I went to Fantasy land to see It's a small world.  Obviously, it took me so much convincing to take my brother onto this ride the first time, I didn't want to force him to come the 2nd time...in fact he refused instantly as I said that we are going to the It's small world ride....haha.  Well, I enjoy this ride and find it cute and thought my parents will like it too, so took them on this ride.  And they enjoyed it.  Here are some snippets of the ride...aren't they cute??
It's a small world

It's a small world
I think everyone should get on this ride at least once and see it for themselves how beautifully Disney has created the interior for this ride.  After this ride, my brother and I went to Matterhorn Bobsleds.  This is one ride which I wasn't very excited about after I got off....it's very fast and it's got a lot of turbulence.  I don't think I will be going on this ride again.  After this ride, we headed to the Tomorrow land to check out some rides there.  We first went to the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.  This is fun ride but the only disappointment is that you don't know what you are shooting at.  Your target shows up in front of you but you don't know if the laser on the target is your or someone else's.  Anyways, go on it once and you will know yourself what I mean.  It was already time for our fast pass, so my brother and I went to the  Space Mountain ride.  I remember this ride from Orlando and being disappointed by it because it wasn't as cool as the one in Disneyland....and I was so right!! Disneyland has the best Space mountain ride ever!! It is fast, and it's got a lot of sudden drops and best of all it's a smooth ride unlike the one in Orlando.  So don't miss this ride if you like roller coaster type rides.

Disneyland Parade
From space mountain, we went to Star Tours 3D ride which was just next door.  This is a 3D simulation ride like Simpsons ride (from Universal studios) but not as great as Simpsons but definitely better than the star tours in Orlando's Hollywood Studios.  We still had good time on hands, so my parents and I went back to the Fantasy land to try out some of the kiddie rides :).  First, we went to the Alice in wonderland, followed by Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and then next door to Peter Pan's Flight.  It was actually fun to get on these kid's rides.  Finally, we headed back to the Tomorrow land because my brother had gotten another space mountain fast pass, so enjoyed the ride again.  There was still time before the parade, maybe 2 hours, so I took my parents to one last stop which was the Tiki Room.  I don't think they really liked it that much...but we kind of got out before it ended.  There was another reason for that...my brother had called to tell us to hurry up because he had saved a spot for us for the parade and it was getting pretty crowded an hour before the parade, so we decided to ditch Tiki room and head to the parade spot.  This is the first time that I have seen the parade at night.  It was different since you get to see the parade in colorful lights, but before the parade started, an Australian dance group presented a dance to give a head start to the parade :).  Check out some parade pics to see how great it was :D.

After the parade ended, we headed straight to the toy story bus stop and luckily we got on the bus in maybe 10 minutes and got to the toy story parking lot.  From there, straight back to my aunt's place.  It was about 9:30 pm by the time we got home and had a really nice dinner.  Next day, we were going to leave from LA and heading back to Vegas.  It was great day but bit tiring so I called it a night earlier and went to bed by 10:30 pm.

Stay tuned for some more Vegas fun coming up....see ya :).


No comments: