Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Las Vegas & California Trip - Part 7 (Heading back home)

From a great time in Vegas and California, it was time to go back home.  It's so true, whoever has said this that "time flies when you are having fun" .... and that's exactly what had  happened.  I didn't even realize where my week went by :).

We got up at 6 am and got ready by 6:30 am.  We headed to the lobby of Travelodge to get some breakfast before we start the long drive.  I checked out of the hotel, we wrapped up everything and then started the drive around 7 am.  The drive was not bad and we kept it steady.  This time, we only stopped twice in between, once for restroom break and then for lunch break.  After that my dad drove all the way to Colorado with no stops which was around 300 miles or so.  I don't know how he does it but I don't think I will be able to drive straight like that.

On the way to home, we encountered some beautiful scenery and fall colors!!  Check it out!!




We finally got home around 8 pm and it was great to be back home!!! Home Sweet Home :).  One thing is for sure....no matter wherever you go, for however long you go, there is nothing like home!!

Well, with this post, I conclude my marathon of vacation-posts and hope you enjoy each one of them as much as I enjoyed writing them.  I don't think I am going on another vacation any time soon...so until then, I will find something else to write about and to entertain you with.  I have started back the cooking experiments and already had a successful run at making Mutter Paneer, so I will be posting the recipe soon.

Have a nice day, everyone!!

No comments: