Sunday, August 26, 2012

St. Louis Trip - Day 3 & 4

Day 3:
After 2 days of full fun....I was looking forward to the 3rd day!!  Since it was Saturday, my friend, R, and his fiance, T, were able to join in checking out some places.  We started the day late around 11 and had nice brunch and then left for Missouri Botanical Garden which was very close to where my friend lived.  I got there around noon and checked out the entire park within an hour.  They currently had the Chinese lantern festival going on, so the entire park was decorated with Chinese sculptures (which gets lit up at night).  Overall, it was really nice park.

Missouri Botanical Garden

After the botanical garden, we went to the Cathedral Basilica around 2 pm.  This is the first time when I have been to a Cathedral like this one.  It was magnificent from the outside as well as inside.  The Cathedral also has a small museum downstairs which you can cover quickly.  After Cathedral visit, we had a quick bite at McDonald's and then headed to Montelle Winery which was about 40-50 minutes drive.  The drive was beautiful since it was through forest-like road where both the sides of the road are covered with trees making the road feel like you are going through a passage to get to the end of the tunnel....sorry if this terminology confuses you...but that's only how I can explain it :P.  To get to the winery stop, we actually had to walk up the hill on a very steep slope but we made it and it was a good time from then on!!
Cathedral Basilica

Montelle Winery
 On the way back from the winery, we stopped by a mall and grocery store and then finally got home around 9 pm.  We had nice dinner and delicious homemade blueberry pie made by T!!! We had great time chatting and then finally slept at 1 am.  It was already time for me to leave St. Louis the next day and head back home.

Day 4:
The only thing that was left for me to cover in St. Louis was to go to the Jain temple.  We all got ready around 11 am, had lunch and then headed to the Hindu temple.  The temple was beautiful and it also has a small Jain temple within it.  After that we covered the Swaminarayan temple which was also beautiful from inside. 

Hindu Temple
We got back home around 2:40 pm, I checked my bag quickly, and then we headed for the airport around 3 pm.  I bid farewell to my friends and then headed for the airport.  The airport didn't have much of a crowd so got through security quickly.  My flight was at 4:30 pm and got home around 7 pm.....Home sweet home!!!

Overall this was a much needed relaxing vacation!! I got to see my friend and meet his fiance, explore St. Louis and lots of good time!!!  All thanks to my friend and his fiance for having me and showing me around town!!

Alright folks, that's it for my St. Louis trip!! My next couple of posts will be on my 2nd vacation coming up ;)....but for that you will have to wait and watch!!  Until then, have a great time!!

1 comment:

LlamajitKaur said...

Wow! Looks like a really beautiful park, cathedral, and temple. Thanks for sharing your photos and travel notes.