Sunday, August 26, 2012

St. Louis Trip - Day 2

Day 2:
Unlike first day, the 2nd day started little bit later after 10 am.  Today's agenda was to cover St. Louis zoo and the Art Museum.  Luckily, a lot of these attractions are very close to where my friend lives, so he came to drop me off at the zoo.  Before I go in the zoo, he showed me around the area since zoo and art museum were really close (along with the Grand Basin).  I started exploring zoo around 10:45 am and covered almost everything within 3 hours including the train ride around the park.  The train ride was ok and if you don't get on the train, you won't miss much.  I guess the kids will enjoy it much more.

After getting out of the zoo, I headed to St. Louis Art Museum which was just 5 minute walk from the zoo (north entrance).  First thing I did was to grab a quick bite from the museum's cafe before checking out the museum.  There were some really neat paintings and art that was pretty impressive.  I think I covered pretty much all the galleries within 2 hours.  It was about 3:15 pm when I got done with everything and then just went out to sit and relax a bit by the Grand Basin.  My friend was not able to come and pick me up right away so I just waited by the Grand Basin.  It was so nice and peaceful by the fountains and under the shade that I didn't know where the time passed.  I also spent some time clicking some pics by myself near Grand Basin (experimented with the self-timer :) ) and then finally got home around 5:30 pm.

St. Louis Art Museum
Grand Basin
After coming back home, I ate something and then it was relaxing time!! I felt really tired since there was a lot of walking involved, but still a good day and the weather was pleasant as well so can't complain.  My friend decided to go for the "Ek tha tiger" movie for 10 o'clock show, so we got ready quickly because we had to make few stops before that.  We stopped by for grocery shopping, then went to Pizza Hut for some delicious pan pizza and garlic bread and then headed straight to the theater for the movie.  Wow!! What a movie!! Amazing stunts and Katrina looked gorgeous!!  And it just makes you feel that Salman is really the tiger that the movie claims him to be!!  Love the songs too.....Definite Watch!  Plus they showed the trailer of SRK's next movie - A Yash Chopra Romance.......Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

We got done with movie around 12:30 am and the weather was much cooler than expected!!  We got home, chatted for a while, and then called it a day around 1:30 am and hit the bed.  My vacation was going just great!!  3rd day coming with a lot more activities....coming up!!!

No comments: