Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Seattle Trip 2010 - Day 7

July 10th was my last day in Washington state as I was leaving on early morning flight on Sunday, and it was the best day spent with my friend.  My friend's friend had a group of 8-9 friends going to Bridal Veil Falls on Saturday so I was going with them also.  The place is about 1 to 1.5 hours away from Redmond and includes a 2 mile hike to the top to get to the falls.  I walk a lot but I have never hiked before so this was something new for me to try out.  It took us about 1.5 hours going up with very rocky, hard, straight, down, steep, and narrow paths.  In fact, the last half mile was extremely steep with stairs and rocky formations.  We finally got to the falls and once I reached near the falls, the hike was completely worth it!  It was an amazing view of the mountains from the top and the falls itself was a sight to see.
 
After spending an hour or so near the falls, we started to head down.  I think hiking down is faster than hiking up, but it's much harder in a sense that hiking down puts more pressure on your knees and you have to keep control on your speed.  Four of us out of 11 who went to the top got down first in an hour and then the rest of them followed one by one within 15-20 minutes.  I was really tired after that 4 mile hike, but couldn't really tell if my legs were aching until I had to go up the stairs to the gate of the apartment complex :P.  I could feel the pain in every muscle as I was walking up...haha...I guess it was a bit tough start for a newcomer hiker ;).  
 
We got home and I took quick shower.  Then went out to a restaurant for a nice evening dinner with my friend before I leave Washington.  It didn't feel like the last day but unfortunately I had to leave the next day :(.  Me and my friend came home, I packed my bags and then instead of going to sleep, we played the game of "gloom".  That was the first time I was playing and I won :).  Finally headed to bed around 12:30 am setting an alarm for 5 am.  I wasn't going to get much sleep but I was planning to sleep on the 2.5 hours of flight anyway.

This was a great trip and a lot of fun.  Taking lots of memories with me and a big Thanks to my dear friend for making this vacation really fun and enjoyable.

4 comments:

LlamajitKaur said...

That's a really sweet post. Glad you girls enjoyed. The pictures from the hike look beautiful. That'll be fun to go hiking with you girls, if you're ever up for it.

What is Gloom?

Sunshine said...

Gloom is a game of cards but it's much more interesting and entertaining than regular cards.

Nanami said...

I was reading these days again to reminisice about your vacation here my friend :) It was a great time! I had a lot of fun and it was great to see you. I had a lot of good fun meeting Llamajit Kaur as well some months later. I miss you guys!

Sunshine said...

I miss you too! Please visit us soon :)...like very soon!!!