Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Seattle Trip 2010 - Day 5 & 6

Day 5:
My friend dropped me off at Redmond before going to work and I fell asleep again once getting to my friend's place.  Remember, my plan today was doing nothing but relaxing and sleeping.  I really needed the sleep and a break since we were roaming around for the past 4 days.  The day kind of progressed as I got ready, ate lunch, watched Chak de! India again....

In the evening, I went with my friend to dinner in downtown, had an ice cream afterwards, went to Golden Garden park and finally to Gas Works park.  The Seattle downtown view is so spectacular from Gas Works park that my friend literally made me close my eyes, held my hand and made me walk up the hill, down the hill until we go to the top of the park for the entire view and then she made me open my eyes.  The view was indeed breathtaking.  It was the midnight beauty of Seattle and highly recommend to everyone who is in Seattle to take the time out to experience the beauty of the view!  I tried to take a shot of the entire skyline but could only capture a bit of it and that too is just an example.  The picture hasn't turned out as good as the view itself was.  We went home around 12:45 am and that was end of Day 5.  It seems short compared to other days, but I was happy getting my sleep and doing almost nothing all day.

Day 6:
 
Again woke up really late and got ready kind of late as well.  My friend had taken a day off so we both were being lazy :P.  Finally we pushed ourselves to get ready and went to Japanese Garden around 4 pm.  Due to the crazy nature of Seattle traffic, we got stuck in the traffic for a while.  Honestly, I can't imagine driving on the Seattle roads and we got lucky the first 4 days since we were able to take the express lane with 3 people or more in the car.  The place was nice and pretty, but kind of small.  They had a small pond in the center and different trails that you can walk through within the garden.

In the evening, I met one of my cousins at Microsoft where she works and then we went to the Bainbridge island and from there we went to a small town called Poulsbo with an Italian theme shops, and it has a nice walk by the lake side.  The island is surrounded by Puget Sound.  It got really late coming back so I went to her place and stayed there overnight.  Came back to my friend's place in the morning.  So two days of relaxation with little bit of site-seeing :).

No comments: