Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Seattle Trip 2010 - Day 4

Today, we wanted to cover the last 2 attractions of the CityPass which are Woodland park zoo and museum of flight.  Plus we had a tight schedule to cover these 2 since my brother was leaving today in 6:50 pm flight.

The day started with beautiful and sunny weather and initially we had planned to leave by 8:30 am but couldn't leave until 9:45.  This was a minor set-back.  We reached the zoo and explored the entire zoo in 3 hours.  Unfortunately some of the animals were either sleeping or not visible, so that kind of made our trip quicker.  We left the zoo around 1:30 to get a quick lunch at the subway and tried to leave right away for the Museum of flight.  Keep in mind that my brother's flight was at 6:50 and we needed to be at the airport by 5:30 pm (I wish I was aware of the traffic at that time), we kept out trip moving forward to the museum.  We got lost in the way but somehow made it to the museum by 3:20 pm.

I think this was one of the best museums I have seen so far.  It was  amazing to see all kinds of planes from century old styles to new fighter planes.  Also they have Airpark hours where you can go in and see inside the Air force one airplane including some other ones like british airways, etc.  This was one attraction I wish we had more time for.  We could only spend an hour due to time constraint but if you are planning to go, then I would advice taking out at least 2-3 hours to see the entire museum.  We actually couldn't see one of the exhibitions on the 2nd floor but that's ok.
Rushing out from the airpark around 4:30 pm, we planned to pick up my friend around 5 pm from her work and get to the airport by 5:30 pm.  Good plan, right?  Well the plan kind of went down the drain when we were stuck in traffic itself for an hour and got to my friend's office at 5:40 pm.  The only thought rushing through my mind was that how are we going to get these 2 boys to the airport in time!  Now it's not like the rush hour was going to be any less going the other way to the airport, but tension was high and I was freaking out....you can ask my friend :P.  Finally we get my brother and my friend's brother to the airport at 6:20pm for a 6:50 flight....Thankfully it was Wednesday and the Seattle-Tacoma airport security screenings are not too bad.  They made it to their flight and their flight took off just 3 mins after they got on.  This tells me only one thing that they were the last two to be boarded on the plane...phew!  That was very close call :-o.  I was really tired by then but I was relieved that they were on plane :).

Now for the evening plan, I was going to meet one of my school friends after 10 years.  I knew she was in Seattle so called her up since I was going to come.  We decided to meet up for dinner.  I got freshen up and she picked me up to go to the restaurant.  She hasn't changed a bit and according to her I haven't changed a bit :).  It was great to see her and meet her husband who is just as nice as her and fun person.  We had dinner in an indian restaurant and great chat over all the school stories, friends, teachers, who is doing what and not....there wasn't enough time for us to catch up, so she asked me to spend the night at her place.  I didn't really have any plan for the next day so I thought why not?  On the way to her place, I heard her and her husband's college stories, surprise engagement party (yea, you read it right...it was a surprise engagement for her husband :P, I still can't stop laughing), and their wedding plans and preparation timeline.  It was all fun.  We got home and our chat was still not over.  Me and my friend talked about our school, her college, our friends and much more, so don't really know what time we fell asleep.  That concludes the end of Day 4 :).

Honestly, these 4 days have been really tiring, so that's why I had not planned anything for July 8th and wanted to just relax and sleep all day.  I still went to some places with friends but it was relaxing instead of continuous site-seeing.  Next you will get the updates of Day 5 and 6 together since there is not much going on.

Tata!

1 comment:

LlamajitKaur said...

Catching up with old friends is always a treat. :-)