Wednesday, March 13, 2013

India Trip 2013 - More highlights & fun...

After the wedding (India Trip 2013 - Wedding festivities) and 2 weeks of non-stop fun, we still had 1 week left in India.  This was not enough time as there were so many things we wanted to do, so many places we wanted to visit, a lot more restaurants we wanted to eat at, but had to fit all that in JUST 1 WEEK!!  We already had planned to visit some of the Jain temples after the wedding, so that's what we did.  To visit Palitana, we needed at least 2 days, so scratch those 2 days off the week we had left.  Unfortunately, while going to Palitana, my mom got really sick and couldn't come to the temple at the top of the mountains, but was able to do puja at other temples at the lower level.  Our trip was successful to Palitana where my brother and I got to do puja very nicely since there was no crowd at the temple.  We got back from Palitana on Tuesday night.  My mom started to feel better when we got back but I got really sick on Wednesday morning :(.  Not fun at all.  Seems that I might have caught it from my mom or got something from the Palitana itself.  In either case, I was shivering with 102 to 103 degree temperatures for 2 days which was not fun at all!! It made me really weak and I had lost taste of food no matter how delicious it was.  Finally, after starting an antibiotics course, I started feeling better on 3rd day and was getting my energy back.

With me being so sick, I seriously thought that my birthday, that was coming up soon, was going to be ruined with me lying in bed with no energy and high fever.  Thankfully, as I got better, I instantly made a plan to celebrate my birthday in a restaurant with my family and close relatives.  My cousin and I called couple of places to ask for the menu and finalized on a restaurant.  Some of the relatives couldn't come, but we still had a nice family time.

Also one of the other highlights of my trip was meeting two of my high school friends after 13 years!!  It was the best time I had where I laughed non-stop for 2 hours.....credit goes to my friend D, and also G's 4 years old son!!  We laughed recalling a lot of old school memories where I don't even remember half of it, but thanks to D for bringing those memories back.  It was also great to meet D's wife for the first time.  They make cute couple!!  After that evening, we only had one and half days left until our flight back to the states :(.  I celebrated my birthday a day before with the family since I knew that on my birthday we'll be doing a lot of packing, but I got even a special surprise on my birthday at midnight.  My cousin and his wife brought home a delicious chocolate-almond cake at midnight to celebrate my birthday!!  It was really sweet of them and that concluded the day by me cutting the cake!!  The next day, instead of packing, we were out meeting the remaining relatives.  After a tiring day, we went out to eat with family to celebrate my birthday again!! And that's it!! That was the last day before we all leave and our vacation is over in no time!!

We did our final check of the bags, and went to bed.  This vacation was a lot of fun with some of its downfalls with my mom getting sick, then me getting sick, and then, oh yea, I forgot to mention that my brother also got some viral eye infection which lasted for really long time :(....but what can you do?  When these things happen, you really don't have control over them and just hope and pray that you get well by taking the medicines :(....

In the next couple of posts, I will give you guys the details of our journey back to the States from India which was equally interesting!!  Until then, have fun!!

No comments: