Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jaane tu ya jaane na

I recently watched "Jaane tu ya jaane na" and it was pretty good. It's got all new faces in it including Imran Khan (Amir Khan's nephew). The movie was funny at times and silly at other times..Imran acted well and so did Genelia. It's a complete youth movie and some scenes in the movie are hillarious.
For example,
The scene where Jai (Imran) wants to drop off his girlfriend to her house, Aditi (Genelia) says "Aur kitna drop karega tu, saamne hi to hai uska ghar".

The scene where jai comes to aditi's house thinking he has come to give job interview and his parents on the other hand think that jai has come to ask for permission to marry their daughter (hahaha!! hillarious). The first thing aditi's parents (btw, aditi is from rich family) ask is "Are you sure you are ready for this?" and jai answers "Yes, of course. Afterall I have to do it for money!" Shocked parents ask..."You are doing this JUST for money??" Quickly Jai responds and says "Yea of course..oh and also for status, and image in the society and also because I love you guys!!". I can't describe the whole scene but you have to watch it to enjoy it!!

Also the fights between aditi and her brother are quite funny! And who can forget the climax scene..(don't read further if you don't want to know what happens at the end!!!!)
The police caches jai in the middle of the airport for getting in the airport without authorization and he's screaming "Meow! Meow!" and start singing a song "Jaane tu ya jaane na" to stop aditi from leaving mumbai.

I am not too excited about the music of this film except one or two songs. I am a big fan of A.R.Rehmaan but it didn't feel like the usual A.R.Rehman music. The song "Kabhi kabhi aditi zindagi" is a light hearted and foot tapping number. Another song "Nazrein milana nazrein churana" is also a soft-paced song. The harmonica tune at the very beginning of this song sounds very much like the tune in "Bum bum bole, masti me dole" song from "Taare zameen par" if you listen to it carefully. About "Pappu can't dance" song, I didn't like it when I heard it at first and I still don't like the middle parts but I like the opening of this where it starts with "tirkit dana tirkit dana tiri nana westerns....hai muscular, hai popular".

Well, that's my review on the movie and thoughts on the music! ENJOY!

2 comments:

Nanami said...

Hm... a couple of sites I went to say its "Tirkit dana.. let's dance". I guess it depends on which site you go to...

Anyway, I liked the movie too :) Fun lighthearted. It was silly at times and didn't have anything too serious. My fave is "Kabhi Kabhi" song :D I've been listening to it so much! And Pappu can't dance makes me want to dance :P

Sunshine said...

Listen to it very carefully...they are saying "westerns". It's broken like this "West"+"erns". If it was "let's dance", you can easily hear the "dance" part. I love the "tirkit dana" part ...it's dancable song. I just don't like the middle part :(