Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Agent Vinod: Save yourselves!!!

.....Continuing from my previous movie reviews of Agneepath and Kahaani, here comes the finale movie review of the last movie I saw, Agent Vinod.

Agent Vinod:
Ok. Where do I start for this movie??  I guess I saved the best for the last, oops...I mean the worst for the last to be in the list of  movie reviews!!

The movie starts in the country of Afghanistan where they show Agent Vinod (Saif Ali Khan) captured by some ISI officials hoping to get some info out of him.  Well then it turns into some action sequence right away with open firing by the goons vs. Saif.  Looks interesting, right??  Right into the 10 minutes of the movie, they show a scene for which you have to pretend that you are hanging upside down on the wall which I wish I had done in reality because that would have saved me from seeing the movie!!!!  That couple of minutes was waste of time and proof of terrible direction....

Sometime after that scene, Saif's partner is murdered who leaves an only clue of number 242 for him.  With just one clue in hand and a name of one of the Russian mafia, he goes on a searching spree from country to country.  It is very important that you remember this number because 3/4th of the movie is based on just finding out what this number is!!! In this process, he travels to half a dozen countries, kills number of people, even gets shot himself, but no worries, he is back to work after 5 minutes as if nothing happened, then again follows the clues to some more countries which lends him back in India where some bomb is going to explode.  Wallah!! There you have Agent Vinod!!

I have never been wanting to get out of the theater early as much as I did for this movie!! It has no story, no plot, boring dialogues, and no direction!!! I have never seen a movie with such a bad direction where scenes are just put together to make it into a movie....there is no flow, no connection from scene to scene which leaves the audience completely lost and in a confusing state of mind.  Sometimes movies which has no story turn out to be at least entertaining but this movie lacks the entertainment part too!! Saif Ali Khan is such a good actor but giving a movie like Agent Vinod was a huge disappointment.  I almost felt as if Kareena's character was added just to give oomph to the movie....because apart from looking good I thought she was just as lost in the movie as I was seeing the movie :P.  Her modern mujra "Dil mera muft ka" was so hyped much before the movie (which shouldn't even be called a mujra, just another item song) even failed to save the movie since the movie had already done too much damage to itself by the time that song came.  Unfortunately, I found  no chemistry between Saif and Kareena in this movie...in fact their scenes turned out to be really boring.

I can only remember 2 scenes from the movie which were actually really funny and a lot of other scenes which we made a lot of fun of in the theater!!  Here is one scene which I would like to share with you all to know what you all think about it.  I am sure as Bollywood Cinema goers, you would have seen our heroes get beaten, no...brutally beaten, by the goons, yet they get up (obviously as if they have some supernatural power), and beat the hell out of the bad guys!!  BUT, have you ever seen such a heroic effort by the heroins???  So listen to this, Kareena gets shot by one of the bad guys (oh don't worry...you're better off knowing it this way than watching the movie anyways), she gets shot 3 times....you would think that would kill her, right?? Well, no, she gets up and screams her lungs out from a 10 story building down to the base where the cops are standing, to point them to the culprit guy.....that too in a presence of a helicopter which is currently running.  In reality, you can't even hear the guy next to you when you are near the helicopter, but these cops can hear Kareena very clearly and even understand what she is saying to catch the guy in time!!!  But then the director comes to his senses, and realizes that she has been shot 3 times, so it would probably be realistic if they make her die, so she dies.  As an audience, you would think that's the climax of the movie.....but they still have 15 more minutes to torture you and finish the movie on a mysterious climax ever which only makes me think that there might be a sequel coming ...(I sure hope not) which I won't be going to!!

If you haven't seen this movie, don't bother about it!!  This was the first (and hopefully last) movie that I saw in theater with such a disappointment that I wanted my money back!!!  On top of that, I felt that Saif played an April fool's joke on me because I went to see this movie on April 1st :P....I think he fooled me well!  Saif was being called the Indian James Bond with this movie...but I say that his attempt in being the Indian James Bond failed....Miserably!!  It's sad that these actors' dream projects are turning into nightmares for the audiences when they have worked so hard behind it, but why don't they see the movie themselves to understand the torture they put us through....

I think I have done a lot of bashing of this movie...probably more than it deserves...but I had to take out my frustration on something to recover from this movie...and blog is the best way to express your anger and relieve yourself from it :).

I guess from the 3 movies I saw, Kahaani is a Must Watch, Agneepath is a Good Watch, and Agent Vinod is a Must NOT Watch movie!!!

No comments: