Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Obsession of Art

There are two reasons for naming the title the way it is: one is because this post has to do something with art (drawing) and second is my obsession of it. It's 12:20 am as I'm writing this post and usually I go to bed around 10 - 10:30. The reason I am still up is because I wanted to finish a drawing that I started around 6 pm yesterday (since it's already past 12 now).

I was chatting with one of the friends yesterday and she mentioned me this place called "Golconda Ruins" which is in Andra. I have never heard of the place so I got curious and googled it up. I went to the wikipedia site which showed some really cool pics of this place. Surfing down my way to the bottom of the page, I found row of pictures for this place. I've always loved to draw and my interest became my hobby since I was in 9th grade when I did my first big art project. Then life got busier and never really got a chance to sit down and draw something properly. I might have drawn something once a year maybe if I was bored. Once I saw the second picture on the wiki site of the Golconda ruins, it suddenly hit me that I should draw this. Don't know from where and how it came to my mind but somehow it got in my head that I have to draw this when I get home. I couldn't wait to get home from work and guess what? As soon as I got home, I changed, ate something, took paper, pencil, and started sketching down the picture. I felt silly but then I was so focused on it once I started it. I couldn't sit still and finish it in one time since I was interupted many times, and may be that's the reason it took me so long to finish it. I finished it and I feel great about it. I feel I have accomplished something today and it kind of brought back some of the high school memories.

Below is the original picture along with my drawing in two different shades. It's definitely not perfect and not same as the original but I tried my best and to me, it looks good :). Tell me what you think. Do you think it turned out ok? Do you think it's so bad that I shouldn't have wasted my time in it. I would love to hear from you.

PS : Thanks to my friend for letting me realize my interest and love for drawing :).

3 comments:

Nanami said...

Oh wow! It looks awesome! I know what you mean about being obsessed with drawing sometimes. I do that too :) I like drawing too, and painting. I mostly do watercolors... :P

LlamajitKaur said...

Yah, wow! Very impressive indeed. They both look excellent - I especially like the second one.

Mrs Francon said...

Wow..i can't believe you drew that! Looks like a professional! Very good!