Wednesday, July 9, 2014

IIFA Awards 2014 - Day 3 - April 25, 2014, Friday - Part 2

Continuing from Day 3 - Part 1 of IIFA Weekend....

Sridevi @ IIFA Awards 2014 - Magic Of the Movies Awards
We were already late for the green carpet of the show, but made it around 8/8:30 pm and got on the media side.  Gauhar Khan was getting out of the limo right as we were going to the media side of green carpet (and she looked beautiful).  The first face I saw on Green carpet was Sridevi with her husband, Boney Kapoor, and both daughters.  I feel her older daughter resembles Sridevi a lot!! She is like the carbon copy of her.  See it for yourself!

Kareena Kapoor
Once we found a spot on the media side then it was flood of actors, one after another, on the green carpet.  Bipasha Basu looked stunning in white sari, Sonu Sood looked handsome, although I feel he is really skinny when I saw him up close.  Aftab Shivadasani looked dapper in a white suit with his fiance Nin Dusanj (now, wife. He just married in June, 2014).  Vivek Oberoi with wife Priyanka, Jhakaas actor Anil Kapoor, Govinda with wife Sunita, Javed Akhtar, Sharman Joshi, Arshad Warsi, Yami Gautam, Vani Kapoor, Kalki Koechlin, and the list goes on until some of the big guns showed up!!

Kareena Kapoor looked pretty with no jewellery look and a high bun.  Hrithik Roshan looked stunning/gorgeous/handsome (I can't find enough words to describe him)!!  Deepika Padukone was looking completely glittery and shiny in her full-length golden dress and Siddharth Malhotra couldn't look more handsome!!  Madhuri Dixit was the last one to arrive at around 10:30/45 pm but I left just minutes before she came.

Hrithik Roshan
Deepika Padukone
Kareena Kapoor Performance
The thing is that the show had already started around 9 pm and I was almost 2 hours late to the show since I was on the green carpet.  I wanted to at least enjoy part of the show, so decided to leave the green carpet at 10:45 pm to enjoy the last hour.  When I entered the amphitheater, Bipasha's performance was almost over.  I found my friend, K, and sat with him and enjoyed the rest of the show.  I got to see some of Saif Ali Khan and Vir Das hosting the show, Pritam's musical performance, and Kareena's dance performance.  What I didn't get to see are performances by Mika Singh, Farhan Akhtar, Sonakshi Sinha, Bipasha Basu, and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan (I saw his performance the night before in IIFA Rocks)!!  I was fine missing these performances because I at least got to sit for some of the show towards the end.  The show ended around midnight and there was an after party at Hard Rock Cafe which was not too far from the amphitheater but in my mind I was just going through one thing......please let there be no traffic when we get to the parking lot!! Yea, right!!  It was obvious that most of the traffic was going to leave from amphitheater to go to Hard Rock Cafe for the after party, and also I was really starving for food, I dropped the idea of going to the after party.  I headed straight to the hotel where the 6" subway was waiting for me in the room refrigerator :).

On the other hand, my friend, V, and his siblings and fiance went to the Hard Rock Cafe for the after party and it turned out that there was a huge line and they were only letting certain number of people in at a time.  They ended up coming back to the hotel since there was no way for them to get in.  I guess, after all, it was a good idea for me to no go to it!! Once they came back, I was able to go to her room and hang out with her and catch up.  Catching up with friends is always fun!!  Finally, after lots of chatting, I went back to my room and slept around 4:30 am.  Sleeping at morning times like 4 or 5 am was becoming so normal that I thought to myself that if I don't get sleep then I will just fall asleep on the floor one of these days....but then I thought "Eh...who cares...it's IIFA weekend"!!:P

Well, friends, that's my update of Day 3 for you all!! Stay tuned for the last day of updates of IIFA weekend with the main IIFA Awards show that took place in Raymond James Stadium!

No comments: