Monday, June 23, 2014

IIFA Awards 2014 - Day 1 - April 23, 2014, Wednesday - Part 1

First of all, I have been wanting to write the details of my IIFA awards weekend from a long time, but it's been super hectic and busy on my end that I have not had any chance to write these updates :(.  But, today, I am going to start writing about each day and finish up all the days as soon as I can, starting with April 23rd :).  So, here it goes....

*************************************

April 23, 2014 - Day 1 (Wednesday)

With so much excitement of IIFA and very little planning for this trip, I actually slept really late the night before.  Usually I am done with packing and preparing for the trip at least 3-4 days in advance and then only last minute stuff is left to put in the hand bag, but this time, it was complete chaos since I had been busy with work so much.  Even though I had very little sleep, I woke up early with excitement :).  I still had things sitting outside that I needed to pack.  I went to work for half a day before my flight, came home, finished packing, and headed for the airport.  It was nice that the airport wasn't packed that much and I got through security in like 15 minutes and headed for the gate.  I wish I was able to rest at the gate for a bit before my flight but resting was far from the agenda :(.  I had to take care of some pending things before I boarded the plane which included canceling my previous car rental reservation (with 2 different companies) and making a new reservation with Enterprise Car Rental.  Reason?  Well, there was a difference in price with Budget vs. Enterprise and also I had made one reservation a month before and a 2nd one a week before and both of them needed to be cancelled before I make a new one (3rd one) :P.  With that taken care of, I had little bit time to relax at the gate (but not for long).

Thinking about IIFA awards, I knew I had a lot of things with me for this trip but I think even people around me must have guessed I am going for a month of trip, not because the size of my carry on bag but due to the amount of things I had packed in that carry on bag which was basically expanded and stretched from every possible angle :D.  Ohh, and I also had jam packed backpack!  Being concerned after looking at my bag, the lady sitting next to me mentioned that if we are taking carry on with frontier airlines, you need to get your boarding pass stamped.  The only way you get it stamped is if the Frontier Airlines agent check the size of your carry on and personal item and verify whether they fit in their designated carry on boxes. What?!?! What do I do now? There is no way my bag was going to fit in their designated size boxes...!!  I was a bit concerned myself after hearing what the concerned lady told me.  I gathered my courage and went to the counter to get the boarding pass stamped.   When I put the carry on bag over their box, it did not fit at all.  The lady was nice and asked me if it's just clothes and if I can squeeze them in little bit.  I agreed and she stamped my boarding pass!!  Phew....that would have been a disaster if I had to take stuff out from the bag!  I got on the flight and fell asleep as soon as plane took off.  I thought I had fallen asleep pretty good until a sudden plan turbulence shook the entire plane...that was bit scary for few minutes!  No complimentary drinks on Frontier anymore (actually that was when I flew.  Now, they even charge for taking your carry on bags on plane with you and getting assigned seats...rediculous!!).  I ate the masala paratha (tortilla) made by my mom and then tried to sleep again, but couldn't.  That's when I thought of writing up the happenings of today so far!  But, the day is not over yet.  More things to come in next couple of hours as soon as I land in Tampa Bay, FL!!

I have told myself that I will keep the posts short enough so that they don't get boring and loose its substance...so I will give you more updates in the 2nd part of April 23, 2014!  Until then, enjoy :)

No comments: