Thursday, November 21, 2013

Krrish 3, Thor, Ram Leela, & Phata Poster Nikla Hero

I have seen quite few movies in the last 2 weeks and I realized I have not written any reviews on movies in a long time, so thought this might be a good time to update my blog and write something about each of the movies.

First up is the most hyped movie of Hrithik Roshan, Krrish 3 (I always forget that there is an additional "r" in the title). Just from looking at the trailers, I did not want to see the movie in theater, so waited until it was online.  With no expectations and thinking that the movie is going to be absolutely non-sense, I watched the entire movie and thought it was just what I had expected...!!  It's amazing how they have managed to take 3-4 Hollywood superhero films' scenes and combined it into one movie :-o.  Really!! That takes a lot of effort and hard work!  You don't believe me? Well, let me give you some comparisons.  First and for most, the villain character Kaal played by Vivek Oberoi who is in wheel chair, due to his paralyzed body (except his head and 2 fingers), can move things with his mind and in fact he can even manipulate the metals...sound familiar?? Yes, he is the combination of Professor X and Magneto from X-men.  If that's not enough, the character Kaya, Magneto's, I mean Kaal's mutant, is a copy of Mystique from X-men who can turn herself into anyone she wants.  Another mutant who has this long tongue is also seen in X-men's movie...just don't remember if that character had any importance in the X-men movie.  Ok, that's about the X-men movie characters copy.  The release of Antidote in the movie is similar to that of the Amazing Spider-man, the fighting scene at the end seems somewhat similar to the climax fighting scene of the Avengers, and quite a few more scenes taken right out of other superhero movies.  On top of this, once Kaal gets on his feet, he gets a terrible villain costume...I mean really...that was the worse helmet ever!!  Apart from the movie, I think the actors did good job of acting, especially Vivek Oberoi who was completely in his character and would definitely beg a nomination of best villain (don't know if he'll win it since I don't know who else is in the race).  Hrithik Roshan looked Amaaaaazing with his rigged body and Priyanka Chopra was normal in her role unlike in Krrish where it was hard to tolerate her acting.  The songs of the movie are not great at all.  They don't suit with the movie and seem outdated.  One of the songs that I did like was "Dil tu hi bata" but only until the point where Alisha was singing.  Ok, so there it is, my somewhat harsh review for the movie.  I think kids would love this movie since it's a super hero movie but I can't say about others...I am sure everyone loves this movie in India since it's said to have crossed 200 Crores in just 2 weeks!! Insane!!

Alright, after a Bollywood movie, I watched a Hollywood movie which was thankfully much better than Krrish 3.  It was Thor: The Dark World.  Let me tell you that I did not really like the 1st one so I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, but I sat back and enjoyed what the movie had to offer.  I loved how this movie had lighthearted comedy here and there which held the entertainment portion as well as had good action in it!!  I was fully enjoying the movie up until the climax when they showed a twist (can't tell you because then it'll just spoil the movie for you) which left me completely confused when I got out of the theater.  So, if you watch Thor, and happen to know what the hell, no, how the hell happened whatever happened in the climax of the movie, please let me know!!  But, overall, I think it was a good movie and my favorite scene of the movie was the funeral scene (not going to say whose).  It was picturized so beautifully!!



Ok, next up, I just saw the much awaited Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie Ram Leela last weekend.  It just so happens that the movie's title had to be changed just 2 days before the release due to the controversies surrounding the original movie name.  So, the name became Goliyon ki Ras Leela: Ram Leela...interesting, isn't it?  The movie was not the usual Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie since it was quite violent.  Other than that, it had the signature of Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie which includes beautiful sets, amazing costumes, very colorful theme overall, and great songs!! I think the movie was good with the 2nd half being dragged little bit by adding unnecessary characters.  Deepika Padukone looked great and acted brilliant.  Ranveer Singh was the surprise package who has acted equally great, especially in the emotional scenes, he was spot on!! Supriya Pathak as Deepika's mother dons a great villain.  Richa Chadda and Barkha Bisht Sengupta, where both play the bhabhi of Ram and Leela have acted very nicely too.  I felt the item song of Priyanka Chopra was completely unnecessary and I don't really like that song...but she looks GREAT!! Apart from that item song, I think all the songs are amazing, my favorite being the Garba number Nagada Sang Dhol has amazing beat that just makes you want to get up and dance!!

Last, but not least, I just saw Phata Poster Nikla Hero on DVD yesterday at home.  I think this will be the shortest review for me since I don't really have much to say for this movie.  I watched this movie only and only for Shahid Kapoor!! My favorite movie of Rajkumar Santoshi is Andaaz Apna Apna which is a classic example of a stupid comedy which is 100% entertainer with full on laughter, but I think he got it completely wrong with this one.  There were definitely some funny scenes in here that would tickle your funny bone, especially the scene where Shahid does a poll dance but apart from those few funny scenes, the movie is flat and doesn't have much scope to it.  The songs are good and my favorite one is Dhating Naach.  Watch that song for Shahid's crazy moves and funny expressions!!  Illena D'cruz is alright in her role but it's not her fault as she doesn't have much scope in the movie.

Alright friends, I come to a conclusion of the reviews for the night and hope you don't take it personal if these movies are your favorites.  It's just my opinion and I wrote what I felt.

Hope you all have a great week!!


No comments: