Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bye bye 2011, Welcome 2012!!!

First of all, let me start this post by wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!  I wish you all a colorful, joyful, successful, peaceful, and wonderful 2012 :D.  I feel that 2011 has just flown by but with lots of happenings, a lot of good , and some bad.  I just want to list some of those events to highlight my 2011 year and welcome the happy new year of 2012!

Starting with the best event of 2011 was the day which will be remembered forever, India winning the Cricket World Cup after 28 years.  It was my favorite world cup for sure since I followed it so closely.  That event followed by 2 of the next best things, me completing my MS course work successfully by presenting my MS project and  graduating with my MS degree, and second being my brother graduating with his bachelor's degree!!  Following that, I had one of my best vacations in Florida with my brother enjoying all 7 theme parks to the fullest.  Can't complain!  I made lots of new friends for life in 2011.  I also mastered in the field of cooking which was one of my main goals of 2011 and now I can call myself a decent cook :D.  All these things and many more (small and big) events have filled 2011 with lots of good memories.  But there are also times which you have no control over, which leave a bad mark on your mind, and I happen to experience one of these bad incidents when I got in a terrible car accident.  It left a bad image on my mind and left me very emotional about the whole thing for couple of weeks including a terrible ribs pain, but I was grateful and thankful for one thing and that is me walking out of it alive!  It was one of the worst experiences of my life that I might not forget but it is something I am leaving behind in 2011, carrying forward all the good memories.

With that said, I look forward to 2012 and wait for what it has in store for me!!  What about you guys?  Do you have any 2012 resolutions?  Hope you all had a great 2011 and have a fantastic 2012!!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

LlamajitKaur said...

Happy New Years Sunshine! Congratulations on your MS and mastering cooking! Best wishes for 2012. My resolution for 2012 is to run every other day. Let's see how it goes!

Sunshine said...

Thank you LlamajitKaur!! I like your new years resolution, but don't go running in cold :).