Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shahi Paneer

When it comes to cooking, I don't have much advice to give or much to say because I don't really cook much....I help a lot in the kitchen but barely cook.  But recently I have started cooking different things starting with Aloo paratha (potato stuffing tortilla), Bread pakora, Onion Pakora, Bhindi masala (Okra), Aloo sabji (potato vegetable), and few more things.  Couple of days ago I wanted to try a paneer vegetable recipe, and from list of all the delicious choices such as Shahi Paneer, Butter Paneer Masala, Palak Paneer, and Paneer Tikka Masala, I decided to make Shahi Paneer.  One of my friends had recommended manjulaskitchen.com site couple of months ago to me and I had saved it in my bookmarks, so when I decided to make Shahi Paneer, I referred to this site with few variations.  With following the directions from the site, Shahi Paneer turned out to be Deeeeeeeeeelicious!!!  Here is a snap of it...


From the recipe online, what I changed was that instead of frying the paneer in oil, I fried in butter and then added oil for the puree.  Also I added half onion to make the puree.  I did not use ginger or paparika in the ingredients.  Also I had to add just a little bit more sugar since my yogurt was bit sour...so the best for anyone making this would be to taste the gravy after adding all the spices and yogurt to make sure it is tasty and you are not missing anything.  And with that, you have the delicious Shahi Paneer ready.  You can eat it with toritilla, paratha, or naan.  Enjoy!

No comments: